FAQ'S for FAMILY FEUD 3 Presented by Brandon Dodge, RPM, Green Light Media, and Pueblo Motorsports Park?
1. What is "Family Feud 3"? Where and when is it? Is it Prepped or No Prep? 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile?
- If you're not sure what Family Feud 3 is all about you can read about it by clicking here... About Family Feud 3
- The event is being held at Pueblo Motorsports Park for the third year in a row.
- The track will be prepped.
- The Bracket Racing and Index Racing classes are ALL 1/4 mile races.
- The Stick Shift class and the FWD class are also 1/4 mile races.
- Big Tire, Small Tire, True Street, and Outlaw Street are ALL 1/8 mile races.
- Grudge Racing will be setup for 1/4 mile.
2. What time do gates open?
- 8:00 AM - Pre-Registered Racers, Car Show Participants, Sponsors, Vendors, Event Staff, Media
- 9:30 AM - Gates open for spectators.
3. Where can I buy tickets and/or register for a class?
We are using Eventbrite for online ticket sales. The link to the tickets is: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/family-feud-3-tickets-95279550701
4. Is there a way for me to participate or contribute if I'm not going to race?
Most definitely! You can enter the "Car Show" portion of the event or simply just come out and spectate. If you want to make a donation to the Colorado State Patrol Family Foundation on the day of the event, there will be multiple locations where you can do so. You can also help by spreading the word and inviting people to come out.
5. Do I need the $35 Tech Card for each class I am racing in if I am racing in more than one class?
No way! If you are racing the SAME car in multiple classes, one tech card is all you need. You will however need to make the Buy-in/Donation for each class you enter. ***PLEASE NOTE: If you enter multiple classes it will be your responsibility to be ready to go when your classes are up for test hits or rounds. If you miss a round, it is a loss.
6. If I don't want to race competitively at FF3 is there something for me?
You bet! You can purchase a Grudge Racing/Time Only Tech Card for $65. That will give you the ability to race whoever you want, as much as you want, between classes ALL DAY! You can also purchase a "CAR SHOW ONLY" ticket for $25.
7. If I race in a class and go out early or it's a small class and finishes quickly, am I done for the day?
Absolutely not! Everyone racing in a class is able to Grudge/Time Only for the rest of the day after their class is done or they fallout of it at NO additional cost.
8. What time does tech start?
Tech opens at 9:00 AM.
9. How many test hits will I get before elimination rounds start?
The Bracket Racing and Index Racing classes will get 2 test hits. All other classes will get 1-2 test hit depending on time. Each class will have a scheduled "Testing Time" and it is the racers responsibility to make sure they make their test passes in the time allotted. We will be moving through the test passes quickly so we can get into the rounds. You will be expected to come straight back to the staging lanes after your first test pass to make your second.
10. How will races be paired?
Each class will have a designated class manager that will be your point of contact. The class manager will hold a quick class meeting after test hits are done and pull chips to pair the first round of eliminations. Green chip is the right lane, Black chip is the left lane. All rounds after the first round will be bracketed with winners racing winners.
11. What happens if the class I'm in only has 2 or 3 cars entered?
If there are less than 4 cars in any class, we will run a "Best of 3" format.
12. What happens if in the FINALS of a INDEX CLASS race both racers breakout?
They both loose and the 2 losers from the semi-finals will take lanes and the winner of that race will be the class winner. So if you are a semi-finalist in your class, hangout and pay attention to the FINALS of your class because you never know. If only one of the losing semi-finalist are still onsite or able to race, they can callout either of the finalist that broke out that they choose. If neither of the losing semi-finalist are still at the track or able to race, than the two finalist that broke out will run it back to determine the winner. If they both break out for a second time.... the class winnings portion of the class purse goes with the donation to the CSPFF. DON'T BREAK OUT!
13. How will lane choice be decided?
First round lane choice and pairing will be done by a Chip Draw. Green Chip gets RIGHT LANE, Black Chip gets LEFT LANE. Lane choice in remaining rounds will go to the person whose last name starts with a letter closest to the end of the alphabet.
14. What type of tree are the classes running?
- The Bracket Racing classes will be running on a .500 Sportsman Tree.
- All INDEX CLASSES, HEADS UP CLASSES, and GRUDGE/TIME ONLY is running on a .400 PRO TREE.
15. Water Burnout only or is sticky allowed?
Water burnout only.
16. If I am racing can I still be in the Car Show part of the event?
Absolutely! All cars racing in classes or Grudge ONLY are automatically entered into the Car Show.
.......any other questions we get that may be beneficial to add to this list we will add as they come.
You can email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org